Friday, January 29, 2016

Factory Reset created a mess

So here's what I am working with. A Rooted, S-OFF Verizon M7. The ROM I have been using up until now is here: http://ift.tt/1lwSGXe. I have been running v6.22.605.4 and everything has been working well. Well, sorta. There was something eating up the storage space. To the point I only had 1GB of storage left and had no music, pictures, downloads, or anything personal on the SD. Yet it was shown as full and no file manager could show me what was taking up space. I figured some app had gone off the reservation and since it had been a while since my last reset, a refresh would be good to do anyway. I backed everything up and used TWRP to do a factory reset. That's when the trouble began.

Once I was booted back into the system and accounts were all set up I noticed my files and folders were nowhere to be found. I used ES and the HTC file manager and both show used space on the SD partition but there were no files or folders visible. Odd. So I went back into TWRP and used the file explorer there. Lo and behold, everything was still there in the sdcard folder. Files, folders, everything. Weird. So I thought I would start over from a clean device. I wiped the cache, dalvik, and data partitions, including the SD. After that was complete and verified I pushed over the 6.22.605.6 ROM, did a firmware upgrade, and flashed the ROM. Completely started over, good to go.

Well, not quite. The problem is still there. TWRP shows the usual folders on the SD that must have been created when the ROM first set up. "Pictures", "Music", etc. But when booted into the system, nothing. Oh, and now I have the apps SystemUI and Package Access Manager crashing upon startup. I tried downgrading and flashing 6.22.605.4 like I had before and still have the same issues. Which leads me to believe there is something derped in the underlying system but I can't figure out what it is.

Any help I can get is greatly appreciated!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1RRnZhy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment