Saturday, January 30, 2016

Had to decide between S and S2. Got S. What did you do?

Hey everyone,

I got finally got the urge to buy a smartwatch and couldn't refuse the 30 dollar deal AT&T had with the contract. (Yeah, I know it's weird to get a 2 year contract for a watch, but even if I cancel it, it's still very cheap lol)

What I exactly want still doesn't exist (Gear S like watch with added features of S2 like NFC for tap to pay, IPX68 water resistance, some type of a smart bezel/dial, better app support like android wear for tizen) so I got what I think would work for me and went with it.

While doing all this, wife got jealous so we ended up getting her a rose gold moto 360 Gen 2. She's loving it so far.

I'm not the kinda guy to get last gen stuff, but I feel like this phone has some features I would want out of a smart watch, so I went with this instead of the S2 from AT&T. I would have really liked the LG Urbania (sp?) if it was still available and could make phone calls standalone.

ANYWAYS...

I just want to know if anyone decided to get a Gear S instead of a Gear S2 for whatever reasons... I'm curious what they were.

For me it was:

Proximity, and brightness sensor
bigger screen
doesn't look so much like another watch, so if I decide to wear my higher end watches, it doesn't look like I have 2 watches, but more so one smart device and one watch.
clasp and bit more premium feel
to go charger pack (maybe S2 has this too)

The reasons I considered S2 (and still do)
numbersync from at&t (is this coming to gear S?)
rotating bezel
slightly less obvious form factor (which contradicts my smart device thought)
NFC for tap to pay

I guess I'm just creating a discussion here. Feel free to chime in!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1OX3YCI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment