Sunday, January 31, 2016

Why does this phone use so much battery while idle?

The question is very tongue-in-cheek. I really love this phone, but the battery life is nothing like a Moto E that my kids use as a WiFi house phone.

The Moto E will sit mostly idle for an entire week, WiFi on the whole time, an hour and a half-ish of SOT, and battery will be 15%. After 7 days.

My ZF2 can only sit idle/wifi for about 2 days even though its battery is ~1000mah larger. My old LG G2 could do 5 or 6 days.

I've experimented with stock and Cm13 with similar results. I'm not looking for 8 hours SOT, I want to take my phone camping and know I can get calls or make calls when necessary. (Odds are, I'll hijack my kids' phone for the trip - but I shouldn't have to do that!)

I guess I'm wondering if this kind of idle drain is common with ZF2? Is it the Intel SOC? Is it screen/touch drivers? Something just seems real strange...


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QQpifJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment