Monday, February 29, 2016

Bought a refurbished phone, get rid of apps (Vendor) auto-installing on first boot?

General Phone information:
  • Device: SM-G920F - Knox Tripped, phone was bought refurbished with 5.1.1 installed.
  • aTerminator™_G920F_DPAD_M.6.0.1_1.5500.Dev.EDGE_XE U - Android 6.0.1
  • 3.10.61 SpaceX MM RC 2.1 - Link
  • Rooted with SuperSU 2.67
  • Flashed phone after cleaning up all data on it first (Clean install)


Problem:
Whenever I flash a new ROM from scratch, or recover the stock rom on the device, there are approx 5 applications that reinstall themselves on the very first boot of each ROM. Those applications are vendor-specific (Telenor, Norway). Are there any hidden partitions that makes this happen?
Why does this happen (a little explanation, so I understand how it works :) )? And how could I remove/prevent this from happening?

When I bought the phone, it was not locked to any service provider, but presumably it was before. The phone was informed to be a demo model at a store for about 2 weeks.
I haven't got to try any methods yet, as I am unsure about how and what this is.
Thanks for any responses, if you need any information besides what I entered above, just comment and I'll reply.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/215Cpe3
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment