Monday, February 29, 2016

Note 2 won't connect/mount to any PC.

I originally posted a threat up on reddit, but I couldn't find a fix for it.

I got a Note 2 do Android development on. I for the life of me cannot get the damn phone to connect to any PC I connect it to via USB; the phone charges, just does not connect. The USB icon does not appear on the device when connected either. I tried 3 different Windows machines, with the same warning I get that the device isn't recognized, but reads it as an 'Unrecognized Device'. I have also tried OS X, does not read it as well.


Here is some of the things I've tried from reading around XDA and other forums that haven't worked for me.

Solutions i've tried with no fix:

Various USB 2.0 cables (I do not have the original cable)
USB 2.0/3.0 and other ports repeatedly.
Enabling USB Debugging
Installing Kies, and Samsung driver from their site
Resetting battery
Booting into recovery mode with device connected
Dial codes for some reason do not work on my phone. I tried entering them with the stock dialer to bring the USB settings, but they don't work. I got around it by installing an app to get the USB mode to MTP, still does not work.

Rooting right now is not option, since Odin requires to be mounted to a machine in order to root. So I'm pretty much stuck. Still can't get this phone to sync on anything.


Device info
Model: SCH-I605
Carrier: Verizon
Android version: 4.4.2 (Kit-Kat)
Stock ROM/Non-Rooted


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21D7lV9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment