Thursday, March 31, 2016

Cannot boot in recoverty on sm-g900f, works normal otherwise

Hi, I'm having a strange problem on my new sm-g900f. I wanna root and put a custom rom on it so first thing I tried to do is install a custom recovery. The problem is I cannot boot in recovery after flashing it with Odin by holding vol up+home+power. The blue message with booting recovery appears but after a few seconds, the phone vibrates once, a flicker appears on screen for a fraction of a second then it re-boots normally to the os. I tried twrp, phillz and even tried going back to stock recovery (found here) but everytime it's the same thing. I even tried to not tick the auto-reboot in odin, pulling the battery after flashing, waiting 20 seconds and then booting directly to recovery but it does the same thing.

The phone seems to work normally otherwise, download mode works fine too. It's like recovery mode is throwing an error or something the instant it starts and then the phone starts normally.

Anyone has any idea on what else I could try? I really want a custom rom, or at least root but at this point I'm kinda scared to move on if recovery is completely unusable. Knox seems to have been triggered so I don't think i can return the phone anymore. I guess I could directly flash a custom rom via odin, but most of them seem to only have installers for recovery.

Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SpBHUa
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment