Thursday, March 31, 2016

Silicon Power Elite 128gb microSDXC Card Video, Picture and Text Review

Normally when I post reviews on XDA Developers, I rewrite them to be more for this audience. However, when I'm reviewing SD Cards, pretty much only the facts are interesting, so I've just gone verbatim here since I think it's to the point.

I picked up this MicroSD card (more specifically, MicroSDXC) and promptly ran some tests with it, you can see them in the video, but here are some key facts:
* On a USB3.0 reader I was getting 78.64 MB/S read and 18.45 MB/S write for Sequential writes using a 100MiB test file. The card is actually exceeding its own claims here
* The same test on the USB3.0 reader with a 1GiB test file gave 77.81 MB/S read and 19.92 MB/S write for Sequential writes.
* On a USB2.0 reader I was getting 22.02 MB/S read and 10.70 MB/S write for Sequential writes using a 100MiB test file. The lower speed is to be expected due to a USB2.0 reader.
* It arrived formatted as exFAT
* It worked just fine in the LG G4. 117gb formatted capacity shown.

Included was a microSD to full size SD adapter which worked just fine in my laptop for the USB2.0 test.

Conclusion
So there you go, I like the Silicon Power 128gb microSD card and it's working just fine in my LG G4. Simple conclusion I know, but I think the best I can do here is not beat around the bush.

Notes
The tested model number was SP128GBSTXBU1V20SP

Photos
Album (has a few more images and a USB2 test)

Box:


In a USB3 reader, 100MiB Test:


In a USB3 reader, 1GiB Test:


Video Review


Links
NCIX.ca (where I bought it): Silicon Power Elite 128GB Microsdxc UHS-1 Class 10 75MB/S Memory Card With Adapter
Amazon.ca: Silicon Power 128GB up to 75MB/s MicroSDXC UHS-1 Class 10, Elite Flash Memory Card with Adaptor (SP128GBSTXBU1V20SP)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VbKOwv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment