Saturday, April 30, 2016

1-inch of the Bottom of my Screen DOESN'T Register Touch after Internal Cleaning.

Yesterday, my microphone was too quiet, so I decided to clean it out by going into my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus for T-Mobile. Just some quick background information, there was nothing wrong with the phone before this incident and I do repair smartphones for a living, so I know what I am doing. I have never seen this problem EVER! I took everything out of the phone (except for separating the screen from the frame) to dust it and clean it out. Upon reassembly, everything was working, including the screen. Upon trying to open Messages, I noticed that I could not touch the icon. Upon doing a HWModuleTest, about 1-inch of the bottom of the screen does not register touch AT ALL (would provide picture, but XDA won't let me because I am new). I tried cleaning the flex connection and even going as far as to flashing a completely new Android Factory ROM to rule out a firmware issue. I have never seen this problem in the 14 years I have been working with electronics. Now I have ordered a replacement screen for the phone hoping that that will fix the issue, but I want to know why it happened and if there is any way to fix it WITHOUT having to replace the screen, being that a new screen is $200. Did I short out the digitizer? Please help and ask questions! Thanks in advance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24tmjyo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment