Saturday, April 30, 2016

Bricked S6 Edge. Am i SOL or is it salvagable

Welcome ladies and gentleman to my tail of how i ****ed up my phone. I have researched on possible ways to fix my edge but all so far have failed and possibly screwed me so i'm down to asking for any ideas, tips on how to possible "save" my phone. I attempted to root my phone via King-Root (already know a stupid idea). i forgot to turn off Knox security and when it tried to boot frp lock, and Kernel is not SEAndroid Enforcing. So i went into safe mode (idk whats the correct term for it) cleared all cache and tried to flash new firmware onto the phone, tired 3 attempts and all failed, now its stuck in an error screen reading "An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recover function in the Smart Switch PC Software. I downloaded smart switch just to see if possible it would take it out of the error screen and its not recognized by smart switch. I have heard the use of certain cables effects whether smart switch will recognize the device but i am using the given Samsung micro USB cable. ( I will also ask my dad when hes back if he did anything else to the phone that he didn't tell me about) I just want to know if i have anymore options to UN-brick it, whether it would be a good idea to see if i could get my warranty by destroying the phone or if its a lost cause all together and i should just sell it to at least get some money from it. Thanks for any feedback, it will be greatly appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NL1Ros
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment