Friday, April 29, 2016

Sprint Galaxy S6 Kernel Hackery (Broken Screen)

Hi there XDA. Long time lurker, first time poster. Many general thanks to everyone over the years.

So my screen completely gave out a couple of days, but the phone still works. I can still make voice commands etc. I recently lost my other computer where i did most of my ADBing from, so when i hook it up to my temporary laptop, adb is returning "unauthorized." Basically what I want to do is try something like: http://ift.tt/1qEWMRE but none of the tools i've found is allowing me to modify any of the kernel boot.img i've found. Unpacking works, but repacking is failing somewhere. It is making a .img file but when attempting to reunpack it just errors out. The new boot.img is also about 2K smaller than original which shoiuldn't be the case as I added 3 lines of text to the build.prop file.

So, I ask, does anyone know of a preexisting adb debug enabled and open (no auth required) kernel that I can fastboot? If not, does anyone know of any tools that can properly unpack/repack a boot.img for the S5. Finally, any other potential options of gaining control over my phone for the next week or so while awaiting a replacement? I can also install apps from the google play store, idk if any have services that will start automatically after rebooting that would basically give me VNC type access?

Thanks in advance for your time!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SQs3wP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment