Saturday, April 30, 2016

[WIP] Change MAC Address of the Nexus 6P

Hey guys!
I was trying to change the MAC of my Nexus 5X and I thought I did everything right, but I couldn't connect to any WiFi network. I guessed that the Nexus 6P will have an identical method of changing MAC, so I figured I'd share my progress here as well, if anybody can help me or finish the process on their own.

Code:

/persist/
bdaddr.txt    : interface 0 (main) MAC address
wlan_mac.bin    : interface 0-3 MAC addresses

Code:

/system/etc/firmware/wlan/qca_cld/
WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini    : lines 46-50; interface 0-3 MAC addresses
WCNSS_cfg.dat    : nothing I could find

Note that the addresses in WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini are "Assigned MAC Addresses - will be used until NV items are in place".

Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Unizvu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment