Monday, May 30, 2016

Nexus 5x stuck in boot loop after OTA downgrade from N Preview to 6.01

The wife got a refurbished 5x from the Best Buy Sales this week, it was already on N. We went and opted out of the preview and it downloaded and installed 6.01. Since then it has gone into boot loop where it shows the Google Logo, then beginning on the animation, then starts over.

I am able to get into recovery mode, I tried a reset and that didn't work. I can get into adb, and the device is seen, but when I try to sideload, I get a E:footer error.

I also tried Nexus Root Kit, but its wants me to turn on developer mode for USB debugging, and the phone cant get me there.

Frustrated enough to call Best Buy, they sent me to the store Geek Squad. He said they could only exchange, and since they are out of phones, I am SOL for getting a working unit. Money back only.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NZ35Nd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment