Thursday, June 30, 2016

[APP] HTC Sense Home Launcher for Non-Sense Devices

So apparently HTC has been working on bringing its Sense Home Launcher to non-HTC devices. Their latest beta apk seems to work fine on non-HTC devices. So far I've tested it out on my M8 running the latest H14 GPE and it seems to work fine enough (although I feel it looks less polished than the Sense 6/7 version with regards to Blinkfeed). Anyway, here's the link to the apk. Be sure to install the latest HTC Sense Home 8.01.775526 beta from June 30th. Apparently earlier versions don't work.

DOWNLOAD

Screenshots

Test Notes
1. Blinkfeed works. However I couldn't seem to get Facebook to work. It asked for authorization but it just looped endlessly.
2. HTC seems to have brought the theme store to non-HTC devices as well. Have not had the chance to test it out thoroughly, so do report here if it does (or doesn't) work as it should.
3. If you were hoping HTC also brought the iconic Sense widgets like the huge clock + weather, you'll be disappointed. Didn't find any trace of it in the settings.

Disclaimer
This is owned and created by HTC. I in no way am posting this as my own work nor will I be responsible for any mishaps or bugs that may occur. I'm merely sharing the link here for people to try. Also keep in mind this is still a beta product. Expect the occasional lag, stutter, crash or bugs here and there. Future updates may break compatibility with non-HTC devices so also keep that in mind.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/296x6vv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment