Saturday, July 30, 2016

Trying to root s5 neo

ive been trying like hell to root my new s5 neo 903w canadian version, but i can NOT for the life of me get my laptop to properly recognize it in order for odin to see it, in order to flash the canadian version of the 903w root which can be found on chainfire..... ive done reading and did install the cdc android driver, but its giving me code 10 and the driver wont run.

my factory recovery allows me to install update from sd card... can i just put the root file (tar.md5) on my external sd and do it that way?? ive been busting my butt for 3 hours trying to get this darn thing to work properly.

my comptuer sees it just fine while powered on... but download mode i just get a big fat nothing. closest ive gotten is "drivers didnt install properly". windows 7 64 bit.

Help???

the whole reason i want to root is to get all the crap off that i wont use, and to avoid automatic ota updates. i cant even use wifi on it until its rooted as it automatically downloads and wants to install the update, despite dont automatically download updates being checked off in about phone software update.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2axXjSq
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment