Monday, August 29, 2016

What device after Galaxy S2?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest an android device that will replace my old Galaxy S2 (i9100)?

I have following core requirements:
  1. Must have an active car holder (should not matter, I can buy Brodit custom holder for most models)
  2. I use waze navigation, torque and tunein radio in car. Charge unit must handle LCD on 100%, GPS, Bluetooth communication, 3G streaming and up to 40-50% CPU load. My old SGS2 when put in car takes 1300-1500mA (reported by powertutor) with charge unit that takes no more than 800mA-1100mA from charger (reported by ampere) and I battery is empty after 4-5 hours of use.
  3. Dual system GPS
  4. Replaceable battery. I am using my SGS2 for about 5 years, second battery and it still works well in most situations.
  5. Small screen if possible. I realize that after 5 years phones grew up and I will not be able to but new 4.5 inch phone anymore....
  6. Open specification so I can install CM based rom when device stops getting upgrades from producer. I have CM11 in SGS2 and I cannot use usb-audio due to vendor locked hardware....
  7. Not current "flagship phone". They are seriously overpriced.

Many thanks for all suggestions.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bQxrBL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment