Monday, September 26, 2016

Google apps decompile & recompile

Firstly I would like to apologise if I am asking my question in the wrong area. If so then I am happy for a moderator to move to the correct location.

I have some understanding of how to decompile apps, modify and then recompile. All my work is done using APKTool via a command line and a test keystore that I found in a tutorial. I've even recently learnt how to create my own keystore using the Java Keytool. The vast majority of the time I am able to accomplish what I want, by this I mean making small amendments to the code (.xml & .smali) to suit my preference - usually little things such as correcting typos. I am however struggling with Google apps, such as Messenger, Hangouts etc. The process I am carrying out is correct, the app even installs correctly on my Android device. However upon launching the app it will then just crash.

My question is, do Google prevent their apps from being reverse engineered using special tools? I there something else I should be taking into consideration when dealing with Google apps?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d0xIpJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment