Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Would you consider this a clean install?

Hello everyone!

Bought my Oneplus 3 about a month ago and I am generally happy with it. When I bought it, the phone had Oxygen OS 3.2.1 installed on it and as I have heard that 3.2.4 had issues on it, I didn't install it for a while. Then 3.2.6 came out, I decided to give it a try, but as I couldn't find a direct OTA from 3.2.1 to 3.2.6, I firstly sideloaded the incremental update to 3.2.4 and then from 3.2.6. Of course, wiped the cache afterwards.

However, I started experiencing a significant drop in battery life - not that I had to charge my phone 3 times a day or anything, but still really noticeable (For example, with a day of normal usage I would have had 50-60% left, after the 3.2.6 update - probably 20-25%). So I decided that I had to do a clean install of the OS.

Now to the important part, what I did was wipe cache and data, then with ADB sideloaded the full 3.2.6 zip to my phone. The problem is that I still don't think the battery life is quite like what it was in 3.2.1. Onto my question - would you consider what I have done a clean install, if not - could you please give me instructions how can it be done correctly(if possible without unlocking bootloader, installing TWRP, etc as I do not want to tinker with my phone a lot (of course, I have to - I will do it)). Any other suggestions for resolving the battery drain issue are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2doQOpc
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment